As we exit what will likely go down in the history books as the most offensively barbaric, obscenely idiotic, and moronically backward year of the modern age, I’m forced to think of how I can better myself. Yes, here come the resolutions.
I, Neeks, am sitting on my couch watching Troll Hunters on Netflix reflecting on the year (sans anything political) and looking at this barren blog for the umpteenth time wondering how to best fill it with more. More blog entries about the things I love to write about! More, more, more.
Best case scenario, I get picked up by another organization to write about tech, nerdom and entertainment. Worst case, I write anyway and hope to get picked up later. Best case is preferable but worst case is not even that bad. Really, I just feel ready.
For this past year I have had this unshakable feeling of incompleteness. I would write a piece for this blog, get half way through and just stop because I felt like it was not reaching anyone. I felt like it was nothing but deep inside, I wanted it to be something. I needed it to be something. This feeling appeared during shoots and whenever I’d be filming for my channel. I wanted more.
Then I realized that I was not doing more.
Wanting more while simultaneously doing nothing to propel myself, talents and material meant that I was stuck in this constant loop of needing and not receiving. That, for someone like me, is absolutely no good. Especially when everyone around you is wishing you the best, investing in you and putting absolute faith in you. I felt like I was not only letting myself down but, also, everyone around me down.
So this is my solemn swear to this blog and to the people around me (though they may never see this post) that I will get my figurative shit together.
This year, I was published four times (five if you count that atrocious photo-shopped mess of a calendar). I was featured on several blogs and instagrams for my modeling as well. I got to act and work on film sets, featured role once. Next year, I am going to top that.
- Going for a minimum of five [good] modeling publications.
- Aiming for at least two featured roles with acting plus as many background parts as I can humanly handle. I am going to add to this, getting myself in some classes. I believe training is just as important.
- For my YouTube channel, work on some constant and new work. Gaming videos are great, but I simply do not want my channel to turn into a game play only channel. I believe I can push myself to film some skits, informational videos and just random hilarity with friends. I also want to make a more concerted effort to continue my “Person of Interest” stories. They really filled me with joy.
- For my Twitch channel, I’ll honestly just work on streaming and being comfortable about it.
- Work on my art. It’s therapeutic and everyone could use some therapy these days.
These goals seem entirely attainable if I stick with them. I believe in myself and that is truly half the hard battle.
In any case, here is hoping to a successful year and years after. Let’s do this!