I am trying to make this year more productive. I say that every year, but the key is to keep getting back up on the horse, right? In any case, let’s take a look at the productive moments of January!
Usual Rangers 5 Shenanigans:
- I met the Usual Rangers 5 at Blerdcon last year and basically fell in love with them (mainly Cree lol). By chance of fate, they ended up not only accepting me as the rangers fanatic that I am, but also accepted me as a friend. Cree is actually doing a cosplay for ALL 28 days of February (see the 28 days of black cosplay for reference). Click the links to go see her work (Instagram, Facebook, Usual Rangers 5 Facebook). Cree contacted me and asked if I’d like to be part of the group for a shoot with the Washington Post. I don’t know if she expected me to say no but, I said yes… enthusiastically. Next thing I know, I have these wonderful people in my apartment for three whole days and it was one of the most soul-lifting experiences of my life. They are family now and forever. I’m tearing up just writing this. This brings me to my next point…
(photo by CC)
The Washington Post:
- So, as stated, we got to shoot with the Washington Post. I am fully aware it wasn’t about me but, I GOT TO WORK WITH MARVIN JOSEPH. To put this into perspective, he photographed the King of Wakanda the next day. Firstly, thank you Cree for the invite! Second, holy crap! What an experience. The issue comes of on February 11th so, make sure you pick up a copy! I’ll be the one in pink.
- I got a new job. After dealing with a rather upsetting lay off, I got a new job a week later with a great company and I’m excited to do my best for them. They are truly wonderful so, hoping for the best.
Fightguy Photography Finally:
- One of the first photographers I ever reached out to when I started modeling was Craig Lawrence of Fightguy Photography… my message went unanswered. HOWEVER, I finally got to do a test shoot as part of my audition for Sucker Punch 4, his charity campaign for RAINN! This is an amazing opportunity to not only get to work with him and his crew of fabulous people but to also show my support for those affected by sexual violence. As someone who has been affected by sexual and physical violence this is a cause that matters to me. Representation matters. I would be absolutely honored to be a part of this project.
- Photo at the top of this post is by Fightguy Photography!
Breached 1K on Instagram:
- This one is shallow but, I am proud of it. These are 1000 people who organically came and supported what I like to do. These are people who are entertained by my art, videos and weirdness and that means the absolute world to me. Thank you!
It was a good month for me and I’m going to try and make February just as great!
I think this is going to be a Twitch focused month. I’m going to try and get to 50 followers and nail down a consistent streaming schedule. I’m also focusing on acting and keeping my head on straight. Oh, life.